Festival 2017 → Regulations
Festival in Media
REGULATIONS of the 18th TBILISI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
04 - 10 December, 2017
1. ORGANISATION, AIMS, DATES
The Tbilisi International Film Festival (TIFF) is organized by Cinema Art Center Prometheus in Tbilisi, Georgia. Its aim is to present the best films from all over the world to Georgian and international audience, to encourage better communication and understanding of people from different countries and different cultural backgrounds. Apart from film screenings, the festival provides workshops, lectures, Q& A's, panel discussions to encourage local and international film professionals.
The 18th Tbilisi International Film Festival will take place from 4th to 10th of December, 2017 in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The Festival program has the following sections:
- International Competition - for first full-length fiction films from Europe released in 2017
- European Forum (recent full-length fiction films from European countries)
- Horizons (full-length fiction films from all over the world except Europe)
- Made in Germany (the latest films from Germany in collaboration with Goethe Institut Georgien)
- French Collection
- Country in focus
- Director in Focus
- Actor in Focus
- World in Docs (documentaries from all over the world)
- Georgian Panorama (the latest Georgian films)
- Animation Film Festival "Topuzi" presents
- Student films of Tbilisi Theatre and Film University
- Special Screenings.
- Film Industry Events (workshops, panel discussions, master classes, lectures).
- Film Exhibition(s)
- Only European directors with their debute films that have not been presented during any motion picture event in Georgia can participate in International Competition.
- Films that have not been distributed, exhibited or broadcasted in Georgia have priority for the non-competitive sections.
4. FILM SUBMISSION
The Projection format of the International Competition Section is DCP with English Subtitles.
A filled in submission form (please download it from festival's web site) with a preview screener (DVD only) and other required material is to be sent by regular mail or courier service to the festival's address:
CINEMA ART CENTER PROMETHEUS - TBILISI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL,
164, Agmashenebeli Avenue,
0112 Tbilisi, Georgia
Please write on the package: "For cultural purposes only, no commercial value".
Note: Regular mail to Georgia can take up to 30 days!
A film for selection will not be accepted in the form of an uploaded link. Please send us hard copies only!
- The Festival's selection committee selects the films and the festival's director invites the films and participants.
- All submitted film screeners will remain in the archive of TIFF.
- The festival will cover the travel and accommodation of one person from the film team (Director, Producer, Main Actor etc.)
6. DEADLINES / IMPORTANT DATES
April 10 - selection process commences
September 10 - deadline for submissions of feature length films
October 15 - selection results announced to the entrants
November 15 - deadline for delivery of screening materials to the Festival Office
December 4 - December 10 - dates of the Festival
December 9 - Awards Ceremony
December 27 - film prints returned (at the latest)
7. LANGUAGE VERSIONS AND SUBTITLES
- Most of the films will be screened in their original languages with English and Georgian subtitles. Exceptions might be films with Russian subtitles.
- Georgian films presented at the TIFF must be subtitled in English at the expense of the Producer or Distributor.
- Each film will be presented no more than two times. There are no special press & industry screenings.
- The screenings are scheduled by the festival team only.
9. INTERNTIONAL JURY AND AWARDS
The Juries and their Presidents are appointed by the Festival Director, who has the right to attend the jury proceedings, but does not take part in the voting. The decisions of the Juries are taken by open ballot, with simple majority. Persons who have any connection with films presented in the competition cannot be on the Jury.
International Competition awards:
- Golden Prometheus (for the best film)
- Silver Prometheus (for the best director)
- Special Jury Award (the award can be given to an actor, composer, editor, director of photography, producer, scriptwriter or set designer)
Other non-official awards can be established by the film institutions/organizations or private companies.
There can be only one winner of each of the awards (no ex aequo).
10. GEORGIAN PANORAMA
All films of Georgian Directors at the festival (excluding student films) are automatically considered for the national competition - "Georgian Panorama". The Prizes and Jury will be announced shortly.
11. TRANSPORTATION AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR FILM COPIES
- The film copies should reach the Festival Office in Tbilisi by November 15, at the latest.
- Georgian producers and distributors must deliver the copies to the Festival Office at their own expense.
- The payment of film shipment is a subject of agreement with the foreign distributors/producers.
- The Festival is responsible for the film copies from the moment of pick-up from the shipper (when importing) to the moment of giving them to the shipper (when re-exporting). The Festival's responsibility for damage or loss of the copies is limited to the cost of making a new print according to the present laboratory rate for making a standard copy. Damage to the film copy must be reported to the Festival Office in writing within one month of its return and before the following screening. All claims will be judged by the state of the copy, reported by the insurance company.
12. OTHER ISSUES
- Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of the Festival regulations.
- Once the invitation has been accepted, the invited film cannot be withdrawn from the Festival program.
- Cases not covered by these Regulations will be considered in compliance with the International Regulations.
To download Regulations click here